Building Your Dream Home

Owner-built homes can save $$$ but also require special patience, skill, and knowledge. This site explains the ups and downs of building your own home with links to sites on financing, home design, kit home manufacturers, and professional services. Our newest project will be starting soon and you will be able to watch the progress from site selection to completion of our new home.Building Your Dream Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cumby, Texas, United States

Retired Great GrandMother, enjoying all of the hobbies that I didn't have time for when working full time and caring for my family. Teaching my Grandchildren to cook and sew as well as understand the importance of "Family". Genealogy has been one of my favorite activities for over 20 years and now I can devote some of my time to finding lost relatives as well as helping others do the same. I really enjoy designing websites as well as sharing the benefits of Limu Original with my family and friends.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Website Problems!





Hello everyone,

Well I can not upload new pictures to our website due to a huge server failure at the hosting company. As soon as the site is back online, I will be posting an update on our progress with pictures. Our current status is:
  • waiting for the log beams to be installed in the vaulted ceiling.
  • waiting for the countertop manufacturer to make the necessary measurements for the kitchen cabinets.
  • the cabinets for the utility and bathroom have been measured and the countertops for them are in work.
  • waiting for delivery of the porcelain tile so it can be installed.
  • the red aromatic cedar is now on site for all of the trim but has to be planned and edged before cutting to size and installing.
  • sanding and clear coating of the cabinets has been started but will take quite some time.
I have added a few pictures to this post of the cedar including our mantel for the fireplace. The pictures in the loft show two walls erected for our storage areas. The sections you see with insulation still showing will be covered with a removable panel for access to the attic. Don't forget to check out our videos on YouTube

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kellie said...

Still good job even if there's website inconvenience. Nice post.

garden sheds

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Etched Glass said...

That still an outstanding post even-though your site meet website problems.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Building my Home said...

Great post! Been looking into building my own home recently. Thanks for all the info here!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home